Principles and Philosophy
The remarkable effectiveness of PSYCH-K® is largely attributable to its philosophy and principles, which give meaning and purpose to its processes.
While PSYCH-K® works very well without any direct knowledge of these principles, to the extent that your beliefs are compatible with them you are likely to experience even greater effectiveness in facilitating changes with yourself and others.
- We are all spiritual beings having a human experience, and therefore have intrinsic value.We live in a purposeful universe; things happen for a reason.
- There is often a message in life's challenges. Symptoms may be a messenger. Don't kill the messenger before getting the message. Permission protocols at the spiritual level of the mind (the Superconsciousness, or Higher Self) are essential safeguards built into all PSYCH-K® processes. The safeguards prevent killing the messenger before getting the message.
- True healing is a partnership - a do with, not a do to process. The most important resources for making a change are within the individual making the change, not in the facilitator. Hence, PSYCH-K® is done with someone, not to them or on them. It follows that the real power to change is in the individual, not in PSYCH-K® itself. PSYCH-K® is used as a key to unlocking and activating that inner power.
- Knowing what you don't want is not the same as knowing what you do want. In other words, it's not enough to just get rid of a problem without replacing it with what your really want. Moving toward joy is very different form moving away from pain or sadness.
- Albert Einstein said "Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." So it is with the PSYCH-K® process for change. They are as simple as possible, but not simpler.
- Just as it takes more than a hammer to build a house, so the mind especially the subconscious, where most real and lasting change occurs needs multiple tools. That's why there is more than one PSYCH-K® change process. It gives the subconscious mind a variety of ‘tools' to choose from in order to make changes safely, quickly, and easily.
- In the final analysis, the source of all our difficulties and challenges in life boils down to the belief in separation from Divinity; the Divinity of ourselves, the Divinity of others, and the Divinity of our environment. When the illusion of separation is dispelled, the reality of wholeness will appear. Wholeness in body, mind and spirit.